Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Hindu Metro Plus Theatre Fest

Friends I just realised I've only been writing on cinema & hardly writing on the plays that I've been watching.This year I did go for The Hindu Metro Plus Theatre Fest which is into the 4th year & managed to watch a couple of plays.

This year's event was held @ the auditorium @ Lady Andal School, Chetpet & I must say the audi was truly befitting a fest like this.The first play I watched was called- The President is Coming ( enacted by Q Theatre Productions,Mumbai and directed by Kunaal Roy Kapur) it was one hilarious play which had the audience in splits.

The story tale was simple- the U.S President is in India for a visit & the U.S.Embassy in Delhi announces that one lucky young Indian achiever would get the chance to meet Mr.Bush & the task of selecting the candidate is given to a P.R agency & 6 achievers are shortlisted.What happens during the final shortlisting is what the play was all about.It was a complete entertainer.After thoroughly enjoying D,T&Q ( Doubles,Triples & Quadraples by Evam) sometime back, this was again a similar exhilirating experience.

The next play that I saw was The Creepers ( Actors Ensemble India Forum,Bangalore). This was a play with just two people in it & it was supposed to be a modern day take on Vikram & Betaal. Though the off beat nature of the play was initially getting appreciated & the humour seemed to be in good abundance, finally it looked very much off key for most of the junta. A bit too experimental I must say!!!

Looking forward to the next edition of the fest & I would attend it if I'm in Chennai.

No comments: