Thursday, August 14, 2008

India This Week

Well its been an interesting week for me as an Indian so far. For me the week started off with Singh is Kingg's record collections in the opening weekend followed by India's painful loss in the 3rd & final cricket test to Sri Lanka. Then came the moment we were waiting for ages- Abhinav Bindra's gold medal at the Olympic Games.The entire nation erupted once again in joy.

I was then witness to a news of a different kind- Aamir Khan actually accepting an award & breaking down. Lot of time to introspect and blog about too from my end.The week is not over yet.Today has seen the release of Sathyam/Salute a biggie in Tamil & Telugu cinema.Telugu cinema also sees Baladoor ( Ravi Teja & Anushka) another biggie releasing today.

Tomorrow is India's 61st Independence Day, a day to be proud of. I plan to try my luck at the annual Landmark quiz tomorrow. We also have two bollywood biggies clashing tomorrow- Yash Raj Films' is back with Bachna Ae Haseeno ( Ranbir,Minisha,Bipasha & Deepika) and Big B,Salman & Priyanka team up for God Tussi Great Ho ( Indianised Bruce Almighty???).

Will be back on all these later.Oh!haan I would also be watching a play by Evam on saturday called The Odd Couple.So here's looking forward to the long weekend & I hope all of you also have the same.

1 comment:

Abhishek said...

Casanova Ranbir Kapoor back with a bang with his newest flick Bachana Ae Haseeno where he is romancing three bollywood beauties – Deepika Padukone, Bipasha Basu and Minisha Lamba! I saw making of the same on http://www.UTVi.myrecourl.com/ Ranbir and Minisha talk about their first movie together which is going to release on India's Independence Day! Sounds wacky isn't it? I am all set to catch it in the very first day! The movie seems really good. Everyone definitely have a lot expectations from Deepika Padukone after her commendable role in her debutant movie. Do you think she can live up to their expectations??